Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. On this site, you'll find my personal musings, ideas about teaching, some of my latest writing, and assignments for my class.


Monday, November 17, 2008

Writers Club/ Senior English poem challenge for the week of 11/17

This is just to say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
William Carlos Williams
Write an "apology poem" like the one above. Use any style. Make it short, vivid, surprising. All seniors and writers club members are invited to post.

4 comments:

Sierra said...

Hi guys i wrote this one really fast i hope you like it. Mr. Hodara in my "spookey" poem i wrote angles instead of angels is there any way to change that? Hope you all have a great week---Sierra


---Dear Sierra Jayne,
I’m sorry for the way I made you cry
I was only trying to help.
I’m sorry for the high expectations I placed on you,
I only wanted you to achieve your dreams.
I didn’t mean to make you afraid of conflict,
I was only trying to instill humility.
I didn’t intend for you to buckle under the pressure,
I was only trying to make you stronger.
Every once in a while take a step back and look at the whole picture,
You tend to concentrate on the permanent past and uncontrollable future.
I have made you into who you are for better or worse,
You can accept that or do something about it, it’s your choice.
I just wanted to say I’m sorry.
My best wishes, YOUR MIND

James Matsui said...

Here is the one I wrote in class. James M.

I'm sorry I forgot
That day
We were suppose to meet
Under the old willow tree
Like we did
So many times
Before

Something happened that
Day I said goodbye
I did not want
To make you sad
By saying
"I'm not coming back"

Perhaps we will meet
Again somewhere
In the future
At that special place
Where we met
Many years ago

Noelani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noelani said...

Oh,
I found
your hanger
by the way.
I took it
and hung my own
costume on it
by accident.
Sorry.